Background and purpose
We are seeking a project manager to spend several hours a week helping to run Ecojam Bristol. Ecojam is an online hub for all things local, green and ethical. Ecojam Bristol has been running since 2009 and is now the largest and most active online sustainability network in the city.
Ecojam will provide you with the tools to link up green activity and get more people involved in sustainable living in Bristol. As Hub Manager, you will encourage green organisations and people to make use of Ecojam’s services, and disseminate and stimulate interaction with content. You will also help write articles on sustainable living in Bristol. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a mover and shaker in Bristol’s green scene, and build a track record in networking and project management.
• A self-starter?
• Passionate about local green activities?
• Addicted to social media?
• Well-connected in Bristol’s green scene (advantage)?
• Keen to get more people involved in sustainable living?
• Responsibility for the Ecojam Bristol hub
• Networking within Bristol’s green scene and engaging with local green organisations
• Compiling a fortnightly e-newsletter
• Writing occasional online articles about Bristol’s green scene
What you can expect from us
• A guidance manual
• Moderator interface to manage local content
• E-newsletter templates
• Face-to-face, telephone and email support
Personal qualities (essential)
• A self-starter
• A ‘can do’ attitude
• Ability to do a lot with little
Preferable (but not essential) experience
• Networking and partnership building
• Working at the grassroots level
• Marketing, media (esp. online), engagement and/or communications
• Working independently
Skills and knowledge
• Excellent communicator
• Social media savvy
• Computer literate
• Basic knowledge of environmental and sustainability issues
We welcome applications from organisations or groups as well as individuals. If you are uncertain whether you fit the specification, send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to organise an informal chat over the telephone.
We expect a minimum commitment of about 6 hours per week. The role can fit around your life (or organisation’s work).
Home-based (you must have your own computer and internet connection).
Word from past Bristol project manager:
“Ecojam has been a great way for me to get more involved in the green scene in Bristol.
I've been able to put my social media and marketing skills to good use, and developed links with local organisations. Ecojam is a really inspiring project, and the wider team are supportive and encouraging. I would certainly recommend volunteering with Ecojam whether you want to get more involved in your community or develop your marketing skills.”
Carolyn Hair, Ecojam Bristol’s Project Manager
Submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
We will hold informal interviews, as and when we receive suitable applications, until we find the right candidate.