The session is ideal for anyone as an introduction to sustainable building; the training offers ideal foundation knowledge for general builders and trades, energy assessors, other professionals and householders alike.
Topics to include:
- Global issues
- National issues including key legislation (present and future) such as Part L, MEES etc.
- Essential definitions
- Key issues relating to heat loss:
- Solid wall insulation; IWI & EWI
- Roof and floor insulation
- Thermal mass
- Windows & doors
- Moisture movement, airtightness, indoor air quality and ventilation
- Low carbon technologies
- Interior finishes, wellbeing & healthy buildings
- Reducing water use
- Materials and reducing waste
- Heritage issues