Discover how to cook delicious food on an open fire, forage wild flavours and feast on your culinary creations in this rustic experience. After cooking up your dishes your group will share a late lunch together in Brown Rock Farm’s beautiful woodland. This is more than a day for learning, it’s a chance to enjoy being outside all day, surrounded by nature. Come along by yourself or bring friends and family – all are welcome!
Join Flavour Fred, an experienced wild food chef, forager & fire cooking specialist on a special day of discovery and learning all about cooking over fire. The day will focus on Eastern Mediterranean style dishes cooked over fire all with a twist of the wild, all explained on a woodland flavour led walk.
Picture this: flatbreads cooked straight on the embers, freshly made hummus and labneh, lamb koftes and fillets, chargrilled root vegetables and plenty more to get you salivating. Your hosts will be Hannah from Wild Folk and George Fredenham, a chef, distiller and forager based in London, known as ‘Flavour Fred’.
Your day in nature will include:
– Setting up the fire and cooking from scratch on it
– Discovering a variety of cooking techniques and new recipes
– A woodland ‘flavour led’ foraging walk (approx. 1hr)
– A delicious lunch to enjoy together (some pre-made by George, some made by you during the day!)
– A day spent in a private woodland, cooking in the roundhouse and foraging in the woods
– A professional chef and forager you can fire questions at!
For those who choose the ‘meat option’, you will visibly be handling and cooking meat on the fire, but there will also be a veggie-based option. If you have any dietary requirements, please include them in the notes section when booking.
For Flavour Fred, it’s all about feeding his passion of wild flavours, fire cooking and providing an unforgettable experience. His background includes 15 years cheffing, professional foraging and outdoor cookery. It will certainly be one not to miss.