This new half-day seminar presents a range of case study projects involving traditional and historic buildings, illustrating the key principles and details required for a holistic, whole-building approach to retrofit.
Case studies include a range of project types including domestic and non-domestic, urban and rural, and listed and unlisted buildings, conversions and deep- to medium-level performance targets. Both completed and uncompleted projects are presented, together with pre-retrofit performance analysis, hygrothermal simulations, detailed architectural drawings and post-occupancy monitoring where available to demonstrate the links between theory and practice. Most projects represent good practice, but there are also examples of poor practice to demonstrate the wide range of unintended consequences that can occur without a robust approach.
Case studies will include:
- Clapham Retrofit, London, Arboreal Architects (domestic)
- Barrel House, Cirencester, Greengauge Building Energy Consultants (non-domestic)
- Lower Royd, Yorkshire, Green Building Store (domestic)
- Kentish Town, London, Prewett Bizley Architects (domestic)
- AONB farmhouse & barn conversion, North Yorkshire, private (domestic)
- Refurbishment case studies, Scotland, Historic Environment Scotland (domestic)
- Woolwich Creative District, London, Bennetts Associates (non-domestic)