This one hour online session is based upon a case study of an MVHR installation in a Bristol retrofit. The installation represents best practice, but addresses some of the challenges and how they were overcome.
Some seven years on from the installation, owner and building researcher Ian Mawditt shares his views on the different aspects of the installation, through to operation and maintenance, including:
- Planning for a ventilation installation
- Best practice routing and installation of ducting
- Insulation of ducting in different environments
- Commissioning – setting up for correct operation
- Operation – frequently asked questions, covering: controls, noise, dust, filters, etc.
Although the talk centres on an MVHR case study, many of the principles covered apply equally to other ventilation strategies. During the session, Ian will draw from wider experiences from his professional practice, including:
- Relevant research on indoor air quality and ventilation performance (natural and continuous mechanical)
- Experience from commissioning ventilation installations – avoiding the trip-ups