Main Purpose of the Role
The main purpose of the post of Box Scheme Driver is to deliver our award-winning boxes to customers on Bristol delivery rounds, and requires you to be an outward facing ambassador for The Farm, working to high standards at all times.
Position in the Community Farm
Reports to: The Warehouse Manager
Scope of the Job
• To carry out all driving, picking and delivery tasks relating to the vegetable box on the specified days.
• To work independently as needed.
• A standard working week will be 24 hours.
• Working days will be:
o Wednesday – 3.00am – 11.00am (Box Delivery Round)
o Thursday – 3.00am – 11.00am (Box Delivery Round)
o Friday – 3.00am – 11.00am (Box Delivery Round)
• To be available to cover weekday packing and delivery shifts on a rota basis if needed.
Duties and responsibilities
• To pack and deliver vegetable boxes to our customers on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
• To take on driver responsibilities as needed to ensure the smooth running of the business.
• Be an enthusiastic and committed ambassador for The Community Farm and its key objectives of environmental sustainability and community engagement.
• Be responsible for the maintenance of the van at all times when out on a delivery round.
• Be a responsible driver at all times.
• Have high levels of customer service when dealing with members of the public.
• Develop clear and open methods of communication with other staff of The Community Farm.
• Work independently at all times showing initiative and actively foster a ‘can do’ culture which will guarantee the success of the business.
• Meet the standards of Health and Safety required for working in a warehouse environment.
• Undertake additional duties commensurate with the post as may reasonably be requested from time to time.
• Ensure activities meet with and integrate with The Community Farm’s requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The successful applicant
• Should have experience of van driving and multi drop.
• Must hold a clean full UK Driving License
The post will be based at The Community Farm warehouse near Chew Magna when not driving but will be largely involved with deliveries in Bristol.
The successful applicant will be paid £8.48ph between 6am and 11am, with an uplift of £2ph between 3am and 6am (approximate average wage £8.98ph). Company benefits include sick pay, pension, holiday allowance that rises to 32 days (pro rata) after 1 year employment and access to good quality organic vegetables!