Founded in 2002, Optimised Energy is a leading energy services company providing a range of strategy, consulting, and managed services across utilities. We work with large private and public-sector energy users to develop and implement energy strategies from procurement to efficiency and everything in between. The managed services and technology approach enable our clients to reduce cost and maximise efficiency throughout the utility management process. With a combined team of highly trained analysts, engineers and technologists, the company operates from two office locations in Blackpool and Bristol providing national coverage. Optimised Energy is a certified B Corp, which means it has met rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency which represents its commitment to goals outside of shareholder profit.
We are looking for a Bureau Analyst to join our fast-growing Bureau team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an analytical background and interest in energy and the environment to progress their career and develop new skills within a young, ambitious team working for some of the UK's largest energy consumers.
What You Will be Doing:
• Setting up new utility contracts on our energy management system, with any CCL discounts logged
• Logging accounts on supplier online portals or set up for automatic issuing of invoicing/Half Hourly Data where possible
• Gather billing and Half Hourly Data for each supply contracted under procurement and CCA contracts on a monthly basis and save in the relevant customer file.
• Logging specific queries relating to supplies under Procurement and CCA contracts, informing the relevant people within the business and requesting information from the client when necessary
• Logging and validating bills in the energy management system, applying the relevant discounts
• Holding the relevant knowledge around third-party charges to ensure accurate billing, working with the Utilities team to retain this
• Completing annual checks of Triad and Capacity Market reconciliations for all relevant clients using available analysis tools.
• Logging any errors as queries on the energy management system, raising these errors with suppliers and/or clients, and informing the relevant people within the business
• Issuing meter reads from the client to the supplier
• Managing the Utilities inbox ensuring all emails are filed and relevant contacts within the business are informed of anything received which may require action
• Cultivating and maintaining relationships with supplier contacts ensure co-operation on billing and query resolution
• Cultivating and maintaining relationships with clients to ensure smooth running of account
• Producing portfolio-wide reports and issuing to clients accordingly
• Running gap analysis reports and investigating gaps identified
• Ensuring that core processes are documented and that efficiencies are identified and implemented
You will be expected to have:
• Excellent analytical skills with an eye for detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organisation skills
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
• Good team player
• Experience working in the energy industry is desirable
What We Offer You:
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and lots of benefits. These include:
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
• Option to buy or sell up to 3 days’ holiday per year
• Contributory pension scheme
• 1 day to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Biannual company away days
• Friendly, flexible, and dynamic team working environment
• Working closely with people at all levels of the organisation
• Opportunities for career progression, including a designated training budget
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment based on merit and potential.