LettUs Grow is a fast-paced and environmentally conscious start-up based in the heart of Bristol. We design technology for indoor farms with the mission to reduce the waste and carbon footprint of fresh produce by enabling anyone, anywhere, to grow nutritious produce near its point of consumption.
As Control Systems Developer at LettUs Grow, you will be a crucial member of our software team, focused on the development of our farm management software, Ostara.
You can expect to be delegated responsibility at an early stage and will have a real opportunity to progress as the company scales. This role is ideal for an independent, creative and positive applicant who is keen to grow with an impact-led startup.
We look forward to welcoming you to our diverse team of horticulturists, growers, engineers, marketeers and operational experts, to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology together.
£27,500 - £32,500 per annum dependent upon experience alongside a benefits package designed to foster your personal and professional development.
March 8th, 2021
- Writing cutting-edge embedded control software to enable the automation of LettUs Grow vertical farms.
- Developing high and low level control from embedded PLC’s to system level orchestration.
- Developing control architecture in tandem with our hardware engineers.
- Ensuring that the hardware and software align, supporting the needs of growing plants and working farm operators.
- Integrating third party hardware.
- Troubleshooting customer technical queries around Ostara.
Who are you?
- You’re an independent worker who enjoys self learning.
- You see a problem and naturally want to solve it and use your initiative to explore solutions.
- You’re naturally curious and creative.
- You’re optimistic and positive, even when bugs arise or you struggle to find solutions to the problem you are trying to solve.
- You’re happy to get stuck into various tasks outside of coding.
- You’re a people person who enjoys actively listening to others.
What you need:
- A basic knowledge of C++ or embedded programming.
- Experience with server-side interpreted languages.
- Experience with Linux.
- Understanding of low power electronics.
- Python experience.
- Experience with Embedded C.
- Experience with control systems.