Do you have experience managing social media across a range of channels and have a passion for sustainability?
Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. We are excited to be recruiting for a Digital Communications Executive on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract (full or part-time; minimum of 4 days a week). The role will be to support the Marketing & Communications team in all aspects of the Bank’s communications activity. This includes traditional corporate communications, online communications and social media relations, customer communications including the customer magazine, e-zine and websites, internal communications, business development and, to a certain degree, provide administrative support.
- To manage the social media and digital tools, providing measurement, monitoring, analysis and reporting on the bank’s communications outputs and successes both within the team, (under supervision) to the SMT (monthly) and on occasion at a Group level.
- To monitor the bank’s active social media channels to agree and implement metrics to measure the bank’s progress on social media; to draft (under supervision) / schedule regular social content to promote the bank’s activities and increase its presence thereon; thereby increasing advocacy for the bank on key social networks.
- Contribute to media / industry / blogger contact lists, providing updates to the team and elsewhere within the business as required.
- Manage the PR / Comms annual / quarterly activity planner liaising with the Comms Officer and PR & Comms Manager to do so. To develop and maintain a new Content Calendar together with the PR & Comms Manager, Comms Officer and Marketing team.
- To help with sourcing and storage of all bank photography – both for corporate use and that for the bank’s magazine (Colour of Money) – ensuring it meets the bank’s visual identity and brand guidelines.
- To draft the monthly customer and other ad-hoc ezines (under supervision of Comms Officer) and manage the workflow through the Marketing Team, Compliance and uploading onto Selligent, the email marketing tool.
- To manage updates to the online Colour of Money, and bank websites ensuring all content is uploaded as soon as it is live (and then put into workflow for further outreach ie on twitter, facebook etc).
- To support the Communications Officer and PR & Comms Manager with creation of proactive PR materials such as issues commentary, media releases / story packages, sourcing and development of customer case studies etc.
- To assist and support on organisation of and, more specifically, promotion of internal and external events including the Annual Meeting, DR holder meeting and others.
- To provide research and copywriting support where appropriate, for example on the Colour of Money, the About Us section of the bank’s website.
- To help with the PR inbox and deal with incoming Comms enquiries, distributing to the team where appropriate.
- To manage the intranet, Engage, on behalf of the Comms team and ensure regular updates for co-workers on the bank’s activities and noteworthy media coverage.
- To support as a reader of customer letters for sign off.
- To be a contact for Compliance regarding ‘process documents’.
- To ensure costs are agreed by the PR & Comms Manager and Digital Marketing team and to keep up to date with purchase orders and the PR Budget log.
- To ensure Comms initiatives are properly supported and understood throughout the bank.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure clear communication and delivery of bank-wide comms activity. Provide regular activity reports and updates to various departments.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values.
Social media experience is essential. A self-starter, multi-tasker and a problem solver; initiative-driven and a person who understands deadlines, with excellent attention to detail. Enthusiasm, perseverance, strong organisational and administrative skills and good written and verbal communication skills are important, together with experience or a developed interest in communications and social media.