Would you like to edit articles about Bristol's green and ethical scene?
Ecojam Bristol is looking for an editor to support a team of amateur journalists and bloggers in producing engaging content for our readers.
Ecojam is an online hub for all things local, green and ethical. Ecojam Bristol has been running since 2009 and is now the largest and most active online sustainability network in the city.
Over the past few months, we’ve been growing a team of volunteer writers to report on news, events and a diverse range of topics. What we are lacking, however, is a skilled editor who can:
- Facilitate the development of a style guide
- Mentor writers
- Edit and proof articles written by the team
This is a fantastic opportunity to influence sustainability thinking, conversations and actions in Bristol, and be part of a group that communicates the positive steps Bristol is taking towards becoming a sustainable city.
- Mastery of the written word
- Interested in getting people involved in sustainable living in Bristol
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Basic knowledge of environment and sustainability issues
- Experience of writing for the web (preferable)
- Understanding of SEO/key words (preferable)
You’ll be sent about 4-8 short articles a month to edit at your convenience. We'd also like you to join us at our 1-2 hour meeting of the Ecojam Bristol group every month at Hamilton House, Stokes Croft, and at ad hoc writers' meetings.