An opportunity to lead the Real Economy staff team, as we work together to develop a community food centre network in the city of Bristol.
• take overall responsibility for development of the charitable community benefit society whose overall aims and vision have been articulated in a published feasibility study . This will include the development of community food centres similar to those established in partnership with Sims Hill Shared Harvest and under development at Southmead.
• manage the staff team
• be an ex-officio member of the Board of Real Economy (Bristol) Limited and call meetings of the board of Directors and members of the society according to an agreed timetable, in liaison with the Chair of Directors.
• become a director of our wholly owned trading subsidiary, Real Economy Trading Company limited and develop plans for its financial sustainability
• You will establish relationships to present the initiative at a senior level across the city. National representation may also be involved.
• You will develop grant applications to sustain and develop the project as well as exploring the potential with health partners for ongoing funding through social/community prescribing as evidenced by social impact.
• ensure that the society fulfils its reporting requirements and maintains all relevant insurances and policies.
The person appointed will:
• Share the values of the society at a deep and committed level and provide evidence to prove this
• Have relevant experience in the management of a values-led enterprise or charity
• Have a can-do attitude to making things happen and maintaining initiatives in the face of adversity
• Be an inspiring person, able to articulate a vision of social and personal transformation as achieved through our activities
• Be able to work well with a staff team, maintaining motivation and working together courageously to make things happen
The person appointed may:
Have a particular interest/ experience in the development of community food growing initiatives (relevant to associated post see below)
The Executive Director will be appointed for a minimum of 2 days per week on a permanent basis at the pro-rata equivalent of a full time salary of £35,000. The company provides a pension.
This post may be combined with that of Senior Project Development Worker for Southmead Community Farm, which will be advertised separately, thereby offering a further one day per week’s employment. Combined applications are welcomed.
The retiring executive director will offer mentoring to the new appointee over an initial period, where that would be appreciated.