Start Date: Thursday 8th March 2018, or as near to as possible
Interview date: Thursday 1st March 2018
￼Coexist Core Purpose
Coexist creates spaces and services that best provides for and benefits our communities.
Core Purpose of the role
To update and maintain financial records, supporting the whole team.
• Credit Control – You are responsible for recovering unpaid money from Coexist’s customers (individuals or businesses), including: communicating directly with customers and maintaining relations in line with Coexist’s core purpose and approach; chasing unpaid bills; agreeing with Finance manager payment plans where appropriate; starting small claims court proceedings where required and advising the team of any issues. Clear targets for this task will be set, in line with the Coexist policy.
• Invoicing – You are responsible for creating and sending accurate and timely invoices to Coexist’s customers.
• Data Input – You are responsible for inputting transactions from/to the Coexist Bank accounts using Xero software.
• Shared responsibility for Bank Reconciliation with the Finance Manager for all accounts.
• Updating the creditor invoices and cash flow on a weekly basis using Xero & Excel.
• Cash Handling – Shared responsibility with Finance Coordinator for counting, recording
and paying in cash receipts.
• Ordering – Responsibility for monthly/bi monthly general ordering for the Hub, Room
Bookings & Events teams.
￼￼Coexist CIC | Company no. 6671870 | Hamilton House, 80 Stokes Croft, Bristol, BS1 3QY | 0117 9249 599 | email@example.com | In partnership with
￼￼80 Stokes Croft, Bristol, BS1 3QY
- An enthusiastic, creative, fun and friendly approach to work.
- A clear, open and personable written & verbal communicator showing interpersonal
skills with an ability to develop good rapport in all relationships.
- Reliable and responsible with good attention to detail.
- Ability to use own initiative and be solution focused.
- Commitment to the values and ethos of Coexist.
Skills and Experience:
- A good standard of financial and numeracy skills.
- High level of IT literacy. Competency in use of Microsoft Office (especially Excel) using
online servers & multiple software programs.
- Experience in a customer service environment including a good telephone manner
and maintaining relationships.
- Great organisational skills with the ability to remain relaxed and effective in a busy
- Ability to use own initiative and to work effectively, individually and as part of a team.
- Previous experience of financial administration and bookkeeping.
- Knowledge of online accounting software especially Xero
- Knowledge of online booking systems, especially Habu
- Experience of working for a not-for-profit or community organisation.
- Ability to communicate financial information in an understandable language to non-