Ecojam Bristol is seeking a Marketing and Outreach officer to join our growing group of volunteers. You will support the development and implementation of a marketing plan for the jobs and volunteers section of the website. This is an excellent opportunity to build a marketing track record in the field of sustainability, whilst being a part of an exciting and friendly Bristol-based group.
Ecojam Bristol’s jobs and volunteering section is very popular. About 1500 people check our jobs pages every month and, over the years, we have placed thousands of volunteers. It has become the place to find a green and ethical job in Bristol. We have never, however, marketed this awesome and free service. It’s grown purely by word of mouth.
The task of this voluntary role is to develop and implement a plan to reach out to all those businesses and organisations that could be benefiting from advertising their positions with Ecojam.
You could, for example:
- Establish a network of recruitment contacts at local organisations
- Build our jobs presence on LinkedIn and other social media
- Write articles about careers in the sector
- Design e-newsletters to send to organisations
- Network with organisations through email and social media
- Hunt down job and volunteer openings and let them know they are eligible to advertise on Ecojam
- Some knowledge of marketing techniques
- A self-starter?
- Keen to get more people volunteering
- Looking to build a track record in marketing
- Able to do a lot with little
- Personable and enthusiastic
- A confident communicator
What you can expect from us
- To be part of a growing Ecojam Bristol group of volunteers
- 1 meeting a week with director
- A small marketing budget
- Data on the difference your contribution made (for your CV)