Children’s Scrapstore is a charity based in Bristol whose aim is to make waste things playthings. We have a national reputation for supporting schools to improve play at lunchtime.
This is a busy and varied role that requires effective communication with both internal departments and external customers. This will involve working with all appropriate stakeholders predominantly within primary school, early years and play settings
Some key tasks will include:
• To deliver a comprehensive package of training for settings on play and use of the Scrapstore PlayPods, maintaining and disseminating an up to date knowledge of the play and early year’s developments.
• To mentor lunchtime staff, volunteers, community members and other enthusiasts in a range of Playwork settings.
• To represent Children’s Scrapstore at network meetings
It is essential that you meet the following criteria
• Level 2 qualification in play or early years, or relevant experience
• PTLLS 6302 level 2 or equivalent in lifelong learning, or relevant experience
• Good communication and interpersonal skills with children, young people and adults
Benefits we offer include:
• Enhanced holiday entitlement
• Childcare vouchers
• Free eye tests
• Cycle to work scheme
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• Company sick pay
• Training and development
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview.
Children’s Scrapstore recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.
Hours per Week - 30 Hrs with a possible extension to 37.5 hrs