Caring in Bristol are seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable, compassionate and outstanding project lead to join our team at The Common to support young people who are at risk in the city. We are looking for an exceptional project lead that can make a success of this new and much needed project, and further build our reputation and expertise for offering bespoke youth services.
Starting in July 2018, The Common is currently funded until 31st March 2019 with the aim of securing longer term, sustainable funding for the project beyond the first year and onwards.
As Project Lead you will play a key role in helping to create a new, city centre project for 16 to 25 year olds who refer themselves for support, many of whom will be experiencing multiple disadvantage. You will lead a small team of key workers, building relationships of trust with 16 – 25 year olds who refer themselves to our new city centre drop-in. You and your team will work both on a 1:1 relational basis with individual young people and be a key member of our open-access drop-in team. In each of these areas of work your aim will be to foster a sense of community, solidarity, purpose and hope with the young people your team supports. The work you will lead will cover a wide and varying range of activities, from crisis intervention through to longer term 1:1 relationships, according to the needs of the young people you work alongside. You will ensure that young people who are referred to our project, or come to us for help themselves, receive excellent support and give them the help and support they need to find solutions in often incredibly challenging circumstances.
Crucially, you will believe in the power of building positive relationships with young people in order to build trust and to support them to experience a sense of hope.
The role will involve:
(1) Leading on the development, coordination and delivery of our new, city centre drop-in project, and work closely with our Room 45 and Nightstop project to integrate the service;
(2) Providing line management, supervision, training and leadership for 2 key workers (initially) and a small team of volunteers, who will be supporting young people facing severe and multiple disadvantage;
(3) Directly supporting and building relationships of trust with young people using the service;
(4) Working from a relationship-led practice model, your team will support young people to navigate complicated barriers in their lives and work with them to uncover strengths, aspirations and a sense of belonging in the Bristol community;
(5) Create effective collaborative networks with key organisations in Bristol so that young people at The Common are supported to access other specialist support.
We are open to exploring flexible working arrangements and supporting you to meet other commitments you may have.
The Common is a brand new and very exciting project. As a charity, we are small and agile and are committed to making this an interesting and worthwhile opportunity with plenty of scope to grow and develop as a leader and influencer in the city.
The role will be based predominantly in our drop-in, which operates in the Off The Record building in Old Market, but also in our main office in St Pauls with a reach across the city.
We are looking for an inspiring leader who can work in a dynamic and challenging environment. You will have experience in the social sector or in a mission-led business but, most importantly, you will have decided to use your time and talents to do good in the world.
You will be keen to make an impact and be committed to making our work a success. You will have a strong belief in the power of relationship building with young people who have lost trust in services. We are looking for someone who has energy, enthusiasm and good humour. You will be able to build a professional rapport quickly with colleagues, our volunteers and our young people who use our services. You will also be happy to get involved with day to day office management, pick up projects when needed, take and share responsibility and use your initiative and experience to make our organisation fly.