This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who enjoys physical work, creative and practical problem solving, engaging and working with new people and challenges every day. The position has key responsibilities within our team which will provide opportunity to develop skills and contribute towards a small, forward thinking business with strong moral values. Perks of the job include use of a company van, fairly flexible working hrs, though occasional overtime and weekends needed.
On The Dot Removals is a small environmentally responsible removals company based in Bristol. Our aim is to provide a reliable, efficient and friendly service, which has minimal impact on the environment. The majority of our work is domestic flat and house removals within Bristol and across the UK. We also get more random requests and have been known to dabble in dinosaur models for museums, stuffed peacocks and fine art. We are always open to new ideas and opportunities that come our way.
We have regular team meet ups which allow space to establish and maintaining effective working relationships, address problems that are occurring and improve the quality of our service. We are constantly looking for ways to reduce the impact our business has on the environment and are looking for people who share these values.
Role and Responsibilities
1) Managing a small removals team. Directing what order to load vans, deciding if any
items are not safe to move. Some house visits and surveys may also be needed.
2) Carefully and responsibly handling and packing customers belongings. This can often involve dismantling and reassembling furniture, as well as heavy lifting. Most of our work is in the domestic sector so flat and house removals and is carried out as part of a small team.Vans are often filled to the brim and days can be long.
3) Attending weekly team meetings, reporting feedback and making suggestions for improvement of business processes and procedures.
4) Arriving organised and on time to each job. If running late letting customers and team know where you are.
5) Reviewing managing your work load through our online booking calendar (booking time off)
6) Keeping track of basic van maintenance; oil, water, tyre pressure and keeping clean and tidy inside and out on a weekly basis.
7) Keeping on top of time sheets, and your hours worked
8) Monitoring lengths of jobs, calculating and taking payments, handling cash.
9) communication well with customers and office.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience
1) Over 25 for insurance purposes ( essential)
2) Clean UK / EU driving licence ( maximum 3 points)
3) Experience in removals or related physical work ie practical problem solving.
4) Fit and capable of heavy lifting work and occasional long days
5) Experience in driving Luton size vehicle or similar
6) Experience in leading and being responsible for a small team
Ideally the candidate will be able to demonstrate;
1) Good Morals - Desire to be part of an ethical forward thinking organisation with values that align with the organisations
2) Relationship building skills - Understanding importance of self-reflection, ability to see how one reacts to challenging situations and how this can have affect others. Ability to establishing and maintain good work relationships .
3) Effective communication – Ability to give as well as receive constructive criticism. Ability to communicate in appropriate and effective manor within the team and to customers.
4) Effective team worker – Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to resolve problems and help make decisions to bring the business forward.
Contract Length: Permanent
Hours: Full time. Variable, 25 to 50 hours a week (Negotiable)
Start Date: (Negotiable) / ASAP
Pay: £8.50 – £10.00 per hour dependent on experience and length of service + up to £100 week in tips
- See more at: http://ecojam.org/job/full-time-van-driverremovals-operator#sthash.G7GLD...
- See more at: http://ecojam.org/job/house-removals-operator-and-driver#sthash.0Wtqgbmv...