Stir to Action is a Bridport and Bristol-based organisation, supporting the New Economy through educational programmes, our UnFound technology accelerator, local economic development, and our quarterly magazine.
From October 2018 to July 2019, Stir To Action are hosting a New Economy programme of 30 workshops, 3 residentials, mentoring, and live crowdfunding events. The programme will be delivered in Bristol, Oxford, and London.
We’ve crowdfunded the initial costs to design and launch the programme, with over 200 backers and 23 Founding Supporters — organisations such as ethical banks, local authorities, thinktanks, crowdfunding platforms, co-operatives, and social enterprises. For more information on our unfinalised programme, go here: stirtoaction.com/workshops
Through this programme we are planning on training 1000 people, and we’re looking for a new part-time team member to lead on workshop sales, marketing to our magazine readers, our founding partners and their customers, local authorities, trade unions, NGOs, and local community groups.
• Develop the sales strategy with our Product Developer
• Deliver the sales strategy
• Phone and email potential attendees and partners
• Communicate remotely with the rest of the team using appear.in, Google Drive, Airtable and any other relevant project management tools
• Take bookings for the programme
• Sales experience
• Good communicator
• A passion for positive social change
• The ability to follow sales milestones
• Experience of selling educational programmes
• An awareness of or connections to national and regional organisations within the above sectors
• Broad understanding of the New Economy movement
For an informal discussion about the role before applying, contact Jonny on email@example.com
You will work with us on a self-employed/freelance basis. The rate will be £125 a day initially for six months, with an opportunity for an extension. This role is for 2 days a week: one fixed, one flexible.
You will have to arrange your own work space. The current team is based in Bridport and Bristol and we are happy for the right person to work remotely.