Seeking a super organised, highly talented change-maker to join our dynamic team.
FRANK Water is a Bristol based social enterprise and international development charity with a vision of sustainable access to safe water for all.
Our international mission is to deliver sustainable access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) for the hardest to reach people in India & Nepal, we’re committed to developing emergent, adaptive strategies, models and approaches for maximum impact and longevity, improving health and wellbeing, saving lives and improving environmental management.
Our UK mission, delivered through our award winning social enterprise is to raise visibility of, and funds for, our international WASH programmes through ethical, sustainable business practice. Raising funds, supporting behaviour change and gaining visibility through the retail of sustainable water related products and innovative environmental services in the UK.
You will provide day to day management of the Social Enterprise FRANK Water Ltd, (trading subsidary of the charity) as maternity cover for our current employee, reporting to the CEO.
The purpose of the role is to manage the social enterprise, raising awareness and maximising sales opportunities. Including; delivering the festival refill service to 15-18 UK music festivals over the summer, increasing the number of distributors and venues which stock FRANK Water’s bottled glass spring water range and increasing income from sales of refillable water bottles online and directly to businesses.
The sucessful candidate will be a positive, pro-active and highly organised professional. The role will be varied and challenging, combining event management, business development, marketing and fundraising skills.
The role will be based at the FRANK Water office in Bristol, however between July and September you will predominantly manage our festival refill service, therefore will be out of the office at various festivals. You will be required to manage your time effectively and will be able to take time off in lieu for evening and weekend work.
Delivering FRANK Water’s festival refill service to 15-18 music festivals (July-September)
Between July and September, you will focuss on delivery of FRANK Water’s plastic-bottle-waste reducing festival refill service to 15 -18 UK music festivals.
For this role you will:
• Lead and manage 2 full time interns, numerous temporary event staff and 100+ volunteers over the duration of the festival season. You will take overall responsibility for the health and safety of your team.
• Be responsible for ensuring all the refill equipment operates effectively and hygiene standards are maintained throughout the summer (appropriate training will be provided).
• Ensure each festival team engage with the customers to raise funds and effect behaviour change beyond the festival.
• Ensure good financial and stock management on site and provide timely reporting against targets for each event.
• Manage relationships with delivery and festival partners in order to develop and increase support and uptake of the refill service.
• Support the development of the service for future delivery through a review process, apply for appropriate financing/funding and create new partnerships with events, festivals and delivery partners.
Manage and develop sales of FRANK Water’s glass spring water range
For this role, you will:
• Develop the business by approaching and encouraging establishments to stock FRANK Water in glass bottles.
• Ensure exceptional customer service to current stockists.
• Work with existing stakeholders including bottlers and distributors to ensure seamless production and delivery to customers.
Manage and develop online sales of refill bottles directly to businesses and individuals
For this role, you will:
• Develop the business by responding to enquiries and approaching new businesses to offer refill solutions in their establishments.
• Manage and process orders including co-brands with delivery partners.
• Work with the Communications Manager and Social Media volunteer to promote the business.
• Develop new partnerships in order to grow income streams and influence greater behaviour change in the UK.
During the busy summer months of July – September, when your priority will be making sure the festival refill service is operating seamlessly, you will be supported by a full-time office based intern who will be employed in the role of Social Enterprise Sales Assistant.
Finance and reporting
• You will work with FRANK Water’s Book Keeper to ensure all financials are correctly recorded
• You will provide quarterly financial and narrative reporting to the Board of Trustees
Experience, skills and attributes
• Passion for environmental and social change
• Experience managing and inspiring teams - preferably of interns, temporary event staff and volunteers, at festivals or events
• Experience of cash, budget and stock management
• Experience of producing detailed financial and narrative reporting
• Ability to self-manage and work independently in a flexible environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to supportively lead a team
• Ability and willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions (including regular nights camping)
• Exceptional time management
• Positive, proactive and highly organised
• Able to work on all levels
• Physically able and comfortable lifting and moving equipment and stock
• Creative and practical with excellent problem solving skills
• Full, clean driving licence
• Experience working in the charity and/or social enterprise sectors
• Experience using a CRM database
• Marketing and social media experience
• Experience driving a VW Crafter sized van
• A First Aid qualification and a knowledge of event Health and Safety requirements would be advantageous