Tree & Woodland Officer TWO1
Passionate about trees and woodlands? Experienced in working with diverse partners to plan, fund and deliver tree planting? Committed to making a difference and playing a key role with a successful tree & woodland charity? If so, we have just the job for you.
One- year fixed term contract from 1st March 2021 (annually renewable for 4 years to March 2025).
• Full-time (Job Share pairs considered)
• Home based (location flexible, but attending frequent meetings & site visits in Bristol/ Avon)
• 3% employer pension contribution (if you opt in to the Trust pension scheme).
Principal Roles (Working to the Executive Director):
1. Working with and supporting schools, community groups and others to identify and develop tree planting schemes of all sizes;
2. Promoting tree planting grants, supporting people with applications, undertaking constraints checks and mapping sites on GIS;
3. Working with Trust staff to issue grant offers, then monitoring and reporting on schemes to ensure they are delivered in accordance with grant scheme conditions;
4. Identifying, planning, costing and co-ordinating tree planting, establishment and woodland management work at a range of sites and locations;
5. Leading and undertaking tree planting, establishment and woodland management work with volunteers, contractors and others;
6. Training individuals, volunteers and others to support this work with or without supervision; and
7. Preparing long-term maintenance and/or woodland management plans.
• Working from home (all staff are home-based)
• Home base does not need to be in Bristol/ Avon, provided all duties can be fulfilled
• Payment for approved mileage incurred within Bristol/ Avon
• 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Huge potential to be part of and help shape a growing charity
• Big opportunity to showcase your skills as part of England's Community Forests.