Bristol-based charity Deki is a microfinance charity that empowers African entrepreneurs to work their way out of poverty by providing life changing loans and business training. Deki lenders can make loans from as little as £10 via our crowdfunding website, and 100% of all money lent goes directly to the chosen entrepreneur - lenders are paid back over the next 12 months.
We are looking for an experienced Trust and Foundations Fundraiser to join our fundraising team for a two-month period. The main responsibilities of this role include managing a portfolio of identified and new charitable trusts and grant making bodies, to maintain and increase trust income, whilst identifying new funding opportunities and develop relevant funding proposals.
This is a fixed short-term contract of two months, working 22.5 hours a week over three days a week.
Key responsibilities include:
• The role will involve working with the Fundraising Manager to maximise income by developing relationships with grant-giving charitable trusts and institutional donors.
• Research, approach and establish relationships with current, past and prospective funders.
• Contribute towards developing a high performing funding pipeline of pre-qualified prospects.
• Write engaging and well-structured funding proposals for different types of donors.
• Secure and steward five and six-figure grants from trusts, foundations and institutional donors.
• You will need to maintain accurate, up to date and comprehensive records of trusts using databases.
• Contributing to the smooth running of the fundraising team by providing administrative and organisational support as needed.
· Experience of securing funds from Trust and Foundations
· Experience of working with databases
· Strong organisational skills
· Strong writing skills and keen eye for detail
· Self-starter and proactive personality
· Passionate about international development and Deki’s work